Located on New Zealand’s north island, Rotorua is ideally located, regardless of how you want to spend your New Zealand getaway. If you feel like visiting the ocean, you can be there within an hour. In just over two hours, you can be speeding down the ski slopes, or even visiting the glow-worm caves of Waitomo.
If you arrive in New Zealand via the Auckland Airport, Rotorua is a short, scenic three-hour drive south. If you arrive via a cruise ship, Rotorua is located an easy drive from the Port of Tauranga.
Travel Distances to Major City Centres:
- Tirau 51.6 km or approximately 46 minutes by car
- Taupo: 76 km or approximately 1 hour by car
- Whakatane: 85 km or approximately 1 hour and 12 minutes by car
- Tauranga: 86 km or approximately 1 hour and 14 minutes by car
- Hamilton: 109 km or approximately 1 hour and 33 minutes by car
- Waitomo: 156 km or approximately 2 hours and 14 minutes by car
- Whakapapa: 172 km or approximately 2 hours and 28 minutes by car
- Napier: 218 km or approximately 3 hours and 8 minutes by car
- Auckland: 235 km or approximately 3 hours and 23 minutes by car
- Wellington: 451 km or approximately 6 hours and 30 minutes by car